About Me

My photo
I've been watching movies for over 50 years, good, bad and indifferent. This blog simply shares my thoughts about some of them. The reviews aren't intended to be definitive and so are mostly short. I have no agenda in publishing them, other than a desire to record my thoughts somewhere. Feel free to comment if you wish - I'm always happy to hear from other film fans.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Confessions

Japan, 2010.  Directed by Tetsuya Nakashima.  Takako Matsu, Yoshino Kimura, Masaki Okada, Yukito Nishii, Kaoru Fujiwara, Ai Hashimoto.

A disturbing and dreamlike psychological thriller which starts quietly but builds its tension well and remains very watchable throughout.  It follows the Japanese trend in movies in its obsession with schoolchildren and violence.  Made in a theatrical, flamboyant style with a great deal of flair, it tells its story through a number of viewpoints, using voice-overs of the relevant characters.  Well worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment