About Me

My photo
I've been watching movies for over 50 years, good, bad and indifferent. This blog simply shares my thoughts about some of them. The reviews aren't intended to be definitive and so are mostly short. I have no agenda in publishing them, other than a desire to record my thoughts somewhere. Feel free to comment if you wish - I'm always happy to hear from other film fans.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Black Sheep

New Zealand, 2006. Directed by Jonathan King. Nathan Meister, Peter Feeney, Danielle Mason, Tammy Davis, Oliver Driver, Glenis Levestam.

A delightfully gory tale featuring genetically modified killer sheep, this horror-comedy from New Zealand is a lot better than many blockbusters. The humour is witty, the acting from a largely unknown (to me) cast is polished and believable and at 87 minutes the film is just the right length to avoid wearing out its welcome. I wasn’t expecting much, but I was agreeably surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment