About Me

My photo
I've been watching movies for over 50 years, good, bad and indifferent. This blog simply shares my thoughts about some of them. The reviews aren't intended to be definitive and so are mostly short. I have no agenda in publishing them, other than a desire to record my thoughts somewhere. Feel free to comment if you wish - I'm always happy to hear from other film fans.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Specialist

USA / Peru, 1994. Directed by Luis Llosa. Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone, James Woods, Rod Steiger, Eric Roberts.

Well, I liked the John Barry score. Stallone is, well, Stallone. Sharon Stone goes through the motions. James Woods gives yet another over-the-top performance. Eric Roberts is given god-awful lines to say. Rod Steiger looks mournful most of the time, perhaps wondering how he got involved in this film. The script is awful, the story lacks any real credibility and it's not even exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment