About Me

My photo
I've been watching movies for over 50 years, good, bad and indifferent. This blog simply shares my thoughts about some of them. The reviews aren't intended to be definitive and so are mostly short. I have no agenda in publishing them, other than a desire to record my thoughts somewhere. Feel free to comment if you wish - I'm always happy to hear from other film fans.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Jeepers Creepers

Germany / USA, 2001. Directed by Victor Salva. Gina Philips, Justin Long, Patricia Belcher, Eileen Brennan, Jonathan Breck.

With Francis Ford Coppola as Executive Producer it's perhaps not surprising that this film is a little better than many in the same genre. The first half (about 45 minutes) is really very good, with director Victor Salva building up the relationship between the siblings and creating an uneasy feel where you sense something will happen but are unsure what. That said, it somewhat falls apart in the second half, as it develops into a routine monster movie which allows you time to think about the illogicalities of the plot. But overall not a bad effort, though I would certainly challenge the quote on the packaging: "the best US horror movie of the last 10 years".

No comments:

Post a Comment