USA, 2006. Directed by Spike Lee. Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, Jodie Foster, Christopher Plummer, Willem Dafoe, Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Heist movie featuring bank robber Owen in a cat-and-mouse confrontation with cop Washington. What starts out as an apparent Dog Day Afternoon situation soon develops into something rather more complex. The twists in the plot, the humour, some quirkiness in the supporting characters and the solid performances from all the leading players kept me attentive throughout. However, having said that I also felt it suffered from a lack of clarity in its script – there were too many loose ends. The plot seemed unnecessarily complicated – for example, the Jodie Foster character appeared to be superfluous to the story, but maybe I felt that because I didn’t entirely understand what she was supposed to be doing. Entertaining without being unmissable.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment