About Me

My photo
I've been watching movies for over 50 years, good, bad and indifferent. This blog simply shares my thoughts about some of them. The reviews aren't intended to be definitive and so are mostly short. I have no agenda in publishing them, other than a desire to record my thoughts somewhere. Feel free to comment if you wish - I'm always happy to hear from other film fans.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Guru

UK / France / USA, 2002. Directed by Daisy von Scherler Mayer. Jimi Mistry, Heather Graham, Marisa Tomei, Michael McKean.

A misguided attempt to mix Bollywood with Hollywood, this would-be romantic comedy falls somewhere in the middle and sadly fails to be either romantic or funny. What passes for humour is laid on with a trowel and despite everyone's best efforts (it's a likeable cast), is never more than laboured. A shame, because there could have been an interesting (and funny) film in there somewhere, but this isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment