About Me

My photo
I've been watching movies for over 50 years, good, bad and indifferent. This blog simply shares my thoughts about some of them. The reviews aren't intended to be definitive and so are mostly short. I have no agenda in publishing them, other than a desire to record my thoughts somewhere. Feel free to comment if you wish - I'm always happy to hear from other film fans.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Dog Soldiers

UK, 2002. Directed by Neil Marshall. Sean Pertwee, Kevin McKidd, Emma Cleasby, Liam Cunningham.

Agreeable British werewolf film, which offers little originality but scores well with its action sequences, which keep the storyline rattling along. Director Neil Marshall demonstrates you don't have to have a huge budget to make an effective thriller. The plot twists are predictable and signalled well in advance of their execution, but overall I found this more entertaining than many big budget movies. And not for the first time I noted how Sean Pertwee bids fair to be his father's double, both in his looks and his voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment